Well, having used the Vittoria Randonneurs for a few thousand kilometres in all sorts of conditions, I had quite high expectations for the Rubino Pros but I have to say that they have definitely failed to impress, and in fact I would say that they have definitely under whelmed. Within 1000 kilometres, I have now had two tyres fail on me, not normal puncture situations but a rip in the tyre causing a big tear in the tube. I don’t know how tyres are constructed especially not folding bead tyres, but it just looks like the seam has come apart or something. I discovered the latest tear today when I went to pump up the tyres and couldn’t believe it, I’d only ridden the bike once in the past few weeks and only for about ten kilometres. So I put a new tube in and tested pumping it up only to see a bulge in one section of the tyre, exactly the same thing that happened last time. So as good as the tyres look, it seems the durability of the tyres is terrible which is not a good thing because I already invested in several other sets, red and white ones for both my bikes :(. Let’s just hope that the previous bunch I got were from a bad batch or something and the latest ones I bought are okay, but certainly my expectations have been lowered significantly.
I really don’t know what to think now, I got back from Japan and went to pump the tyres up and found a tear in the front tyre, I don’t remember if it was torn before I left (if not, it is truly bizaare). I put one of the old trusty Vittoria Randonneurs in and pumped it up, next day I checked it, the tyre was flat (new tube by the way), there didn’t seem to be a puncture because I can pump the tyre up but maybe it’s a very slow leak, it could be the inside of the wheel rim that is causing it but I’m not sure right now.
1,433 total views
No, I have not renovated my flat, I’ve just repainted the study walls and given it a bit of pizazz. I was originally thinking that the colours would be somewhat grey with a slight blue tint. The end result is a much bluer colour than I originally imagined, we were using the colour of a wall from a jpeg being viewed on an iphone, so I think that’s where we went wrong there. But in the end I’m very happy with how the colours have turned out. The first picture shows the colours (low sheen all using Dulux paint) we used (feature wall is Happy Days, and the other three walls are Bay’s Water), the patchiness is because the paint is still drying. The second picture is the bucket that I used for cleaning the brushes after the brushes had been cleaned, quite blue right (I might make my own film with some CG backgrounds and characters).
The finished result with the fluorescent lighting, it’s a bit warm and not that great in the shot, the walls look a lot better in natural lighting (especially the one with the black bike), I will update this post (or add a new one more likely) with a picture taken in natural light when I get a picture to put on the feature wall (probably the cow). The doors, windows, and skirting we painted with high gloss white paint and the contrast works really well. I’m not going to go into all the detail of what we did because we just followed guides from the internets.
In terms of what we learnt and will do better next time (yeah, there will probably be a next time :D), they are:
Next in line, the living room and my bedroom, I’m not sure when we’ll do them, but we’ve still got plenty of paint so we’ll see, I’m not sure how much time I have before the end of the year to do it, so it may have to wait until sometime in the new year before I can do the next room. I’m still tossing up whether to do the living room with a feature wall or all four the same colour.
1,337 total views