Because I hate WordPress so much, I won’t even bother typing all the stuff we did cos I know that I’ll find a way to accidentally press back in the browser and everything will be gone again:
- Halong Bay is beautiful but needs to be explored on a luxury boat on a 3 day, 2 night tour (including kayaking which is super fun).
- Hoan Kiem Lake is beautiful at night, as opposed to quite dull during the day.
- Bun Bo Hue in Hue is not as good as Bun Bo Hue in Melbourne.
- The old palace in Hue is not great, but worth visiting.
- Paradise Cave (Dong Thien Duong) is definitely worth visiting although a long drive from Hue (four hours).
- Tet in Vietnam (or at least before new year passes) is awesome, wish I took more pictures.
I wish the pictures didn’t load so badly (I mean it doesn’t even rotate iphone pictures properly >:(), but WordPress is really not working for me lately, any way, this is a bit of a preview, I will start uploading pictures from Vietnam to flickr next week while they are still reasonably fresh and in context, and catch up on the Japan photos after that.
Mammoth Peach Blossom, Hoan Kiem Lake
Van Mieu Rooftop
Turtle Temple, Hoan Kiem Lake
Roof of some building at the Imperial Palace, Hue
A gate at the Imperial Palace, Hue
Dong Thien Duong (Paradise Cave)
Road to Dong Thien Duong
Vincom Center behind a government building, Saigon
Tet Fireworks, Stark Tower on the right
Bo, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, and me